Monday, August 18, 2008

While camping with my family in Cypress last week, I had a dream. I only remember the part right before I began to wake up...it was a sudden realization that I was wearing explosive contacts that were about to go off. I was only slightly awake (enough to know that I was in a tent, but not enough to separate fact from fiction) when I started frantically clawing at my eyes, trying desperately to scrape these weapons off of my eyeballs, and when that wasn't working I knew I had to save everyone else who was in the tent with me (although I was actually alone at the time). I whipped off my sleeping bag, yanked the tent door open and dove onto the ground outside in the dark, and that was when I fully woke up.
I quickly debriefed myself on what had just happened, then reached back in the tent for my sandals and walked to the bathroom with very sore eyes. With all the adrenaline that had been rushing through me, I'm lucky I didn't gouge them right out.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. I love that story.

- Drep

10:26 AM  
Blogger suzy said...

you're brilliant. even in your sleep.

6:09 PM  
Blogger ElleBelle said...

that is awesome. You friggstad woman have some amazing extra bone in your body or something.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home