Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sad Story

Every week I clean Haakon's home, and part of the process is letting him sit in an old yogurt container full of the old water while the conditioner mixes with the fresh water in his aquarium. Many times I forget about him and leave him sitting there on my bedroom floor while I go off to do much cooler things, like dishes or garbages or watching TV. Many times he's crawled out of the container and I've had to gingerly lift every item off my floor to look for him. Today, however, his escape route led to the dust bunny infected world underneath my bed, and by the time I found him he had traveled to the very middle, just out of arm's reach. I moved my bed so I could pick him up, and he was almost completely dried out...usually he squirms when he's touched, and I could feel him trying, but the tiny body just wasn't cooperating. He was so coated with dust and hair that when I put him back in the container, the water turned gray. I swear he's in some kind of shock, cause he's not swimming as happily and carefreely (yeah, I know that's not a real word) as he used to, but with time I'm sure he'll return to normal.
P.S. Nate just popped his head in to say he hates Haakon. He wanted me to mention that, although I don't know why, cause it just makes him look like a monster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Hi kjersti, I just thought that I would drop in check out what your life's about. I have to ask what is Haakon? I got confused!
How r u?

8:43 PM  
Blogger Briana said...

lol hey kjersti..actually nick said he would take care of the tickets for me and order them and stuff so if he hasnt ordered them already you could talk to him..ill send a check to you asap cuz i dont want the boogymen to come after me..hope all is good
p.s.my email address is chocolat_malt@hotmail.com
p.p.s. i like how you use anonymous as your name..makes it sound more like the boogymen

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home