Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Random Rouleou and Regina Road Trip

Okay, Corner Gas fans, be prepared to drool with jealousy! I have actually stood on the deck of the Ruby, and the steps of the red brick cop shop...I have seen the Foo Mar with my own eyes and walked around inside the Dog River Bar and Hotel...and although we didn't see Brent Butt or Fred or anyone else from the show, I'm sure they would've given us their autographs. That's right, we went to Rouleou, SK last weekend! But let me back up a bit...the reason we went was because I won a bet. You see, Bryan thought that prairie dogs and gophers were the same thing. I KNEW they were different. So we made a bet before doing some research in the wonderful world of Wikipedia, and since I was (obviously) right, Bryan had to hold up his end of the deal. So on our first available weekend we packed our bags and went on a sweet road trip through south central Saskatchewan. Our first stop was Moose Jaw, where we took pictures with Mac the Moose, then we spent some time in Rouleau being pathetically obvious tourists (as we were pulling into the town and I saw the gas station and Ruby, I had a bit of a happy freak out...I was bouncing and saying something about my dream coming true), and we finished off in Regina. And hey, for those out there who always burn Regina for being a dirty city, let me tell you something...I was once among you, but everywhere we went, things looked very nice and we were both considerably impressed.
So after watching the ducks and geese at Wascana Park, we spent some time with an ex-Frontierian friend and her boyfriend, who were kind of like a sitcom couple. They were the most entertaining part of our weekend for sure...thanks for the good times Malory!
Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement with everyone. And yes, it's sadly true...I'm actually super pumped about having been to Dog River. That's one thing to check off of my "to do before I die" list.
And thanks Bryan for being such a good sport about driving to the middle of nowhere because of a silly bet! You're alright I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger The World of Haab said...

hi Kjersti!!! Long time no talkie! That is a super random road trip..but SO fun! Will you be at home for Christmas?? I reallly reallly hope so. Ben and I will be there from the 23rd to the beginning of january

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home