Thursday, October 25, 2007

Fanks

It's amazing how a few small words can put you in touch with the universe and make you realize that you're where you belong; that your existence has made a difference. It really doesn't seem like a big deal, even as I write it, but it was huge to me for some reason.
Today was the birthday of the guy I was supporting. His home isn't celebrating birthdays this year cause of something that happened last year...I think this is so sad, cause everyone deserves to have one day a year that's focused on them, and that celebrates the fact that they're alive. So anyway, I was with this guy and we did our regular Thursday routine. Along the way we ran into lots of different friends and we all really built up the fact that it's his birthday and we're so excited to be with him. I'm not normally a peppy person, but I kept up the pep as much as possible today, and my throat's even sore from how much excited nattering I did.
Near the end of the day as we were driving home, this guy gave me a shoulder hug and said "You're a nice girl, Tristi. Fanks, you...you really made my day."
I felt like I'd just won a million bucks.

1 Comments:

Blogger CWG said...

wow it is moments like you experienced today, that make the worst moments worth all your time invested. To get those glimmers of light and life.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home