Thursday, February 17, 2005

Love's Passion

Hi! It's been a long time since I've written a comic relief blog, but I'm sure something funny will happen soon. In the meantime, I want to share something I wrote during one of the most intense turnabout times of my spiritual journey last year. It's not too articulate, but it's exactly how I was feeling at the time, so here goes...
There are no words to describe the beauty that is so terrible it devastates your heart, soul, mind and body. I cry out for relief from this overwhelmingly hysterical mercy. Each tear is seething with pain, joy, and rage. It hurts to breathe; it hurts not to. It hurts to see the light and feel its warmth overpowering all that I hold so close to myself. My skin convulses under the loving caress of irrational grace and I fall to the ground screaming...screaming for more, yet screaming for release. I crawl away and it chases me. I lay still and it seeps inside. This seizure of my soul is the most terrible moment of my life, shoving me face-to-face with my ruptured, infected scabs of weakness and trusted satanic deceit. It is the most beautiful moment of my life, this revelation that past the pain of living is a Love too pure to behold...a Love too perfect to comprehend...a Love poured into my filthy being, pressed down, shaken together and running over. This Love will make me clean and rip away the security blanket of comfortably condemning lies that I cover myself with again and again. My body will be bare but for a moment; soon I will be covered with a robe of righteousness and strength that Love is desperate to give me.
I am Love's passion. He won't let me get away that easily.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

Kjersti, I wish I was like you.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home