Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Words of Wisdom

Lately I've been struggling with the idea of God's specific will for my life, and how much He really cares about the small details. I used to believe He'd care about the type of blue jeans I bought (and have since slightly relaxed in my understanding), but now I often find myself bombarded with the other-end-of-the-scale idea that we have a lot more elbow room than we think. For a month or so I was feeling paralyzed, not knowing what to do about my "career" such as it is, and finally decided to take a step in one direction. If it's not right, God will shut doors in my face or whatever. If it is right, then it'll work...or maybe I'll have to fight really hard for it. I just pray I'll be able to sense His guidance along the way if this truly matters in light of how much I can do for His Kingdom.
Anyway, a few days after I'd made my first step in this one direction, my mom called just to tell me something she'd heard at Bible study (from Emily Patzer). Basically, it's this: God knows that we don't know everything.
He knows that we are finite! Simple and possibly inane as it sounds, that truth really impacted me. I guess I still expect myself to be perfect sometimes, even though I'm so insanely human it hurts. God knows that His own thoughts are above ours, and we must look really cute the way we panic and run around like headless chickens, when all we have to remember is that we're toddlers next to His great mind. He knows this, has the patience to deal with us, and has the love to guarantee He wants what's best for us.
Thank You God!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Challis said...

thanks for the words of wisdom...i needed to hear that today.

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home