Friday, December 09, 2005

Class & Crass

Life is funny. On Sunday afternoon, a bunch of us went to see the Greystones singing in a beautiful church where the acoustics made each song so powerful I wanted to cry...especially the "Hallelujah" chorus...did anyone else out there NOT know that you're supposed to stand when it's performed? Well, I didn't. I was so shocked that Nathan was classy enough to know the proper procedure, but when I asked in amazement how he knew, he shrugged and said something to the effect of, "That's just what you do. Everybody knows." Something to do with a king who got tired of sitting hundreds of years ago, so he stood up during that song and everybody joined suit. Apparently we haven't stopped joining suit since.
Then on Monday evening, we went to "Lions in the Street", a university drama production. I will not lie...the heroine was amazing, her acting was absolutely incredible, and I am proud to be her room mate twice removed. But...oh, awkward...there was stripping and swearing and things that I do not feel free to even type about, especially on the off-chance that my little sisters will read this. Much of the production was performed outside the blackness of my snapped-shut eyelids. And I learned that you can raise the sound level of your thoughts so that you don't have to hear the external world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Challis said...

I hear a rumor that you are engaged. This is quite exciting for me, and i'm probably going to pee my pants in the next 10 seconds...oop...there we go. I am a little distraught that i've never met him, ryan is it? Please elaborate.

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home