Monday, March 28, 2005

(Sigh)

Amy, I concur with your latest blog: there's nothing like going home! No matter where I go and who I meet, there is nowhere else I can be so completely myself. Bad sentence, I think. Anyway, it's great getting to know my parents, brother, and sister-in-law on grown-up terms rather than just on daughter/little sister terms. Getting to know Jenne better has been so great too! It's like she was the part of our family we always had but never met till three-ish years ago. It's also amazing getting to know Bob and Snoob better...I can't believe those two wierdos are actually growing up! It's also mildly freaky when I think of how huge life is and how scary it was for me when I began to discover that at their ages. There were and are times I feel like I'm pushed so close to the edge that I could just snap and lose everything, and I feel that anyone less sane than me wouldn't have a chance. I guess I'll just have to trust that they're equally or more sane than me, I guess! Or, more effectively, trust God to be as faithful to them as He has been with me. And that's something I know I can count on.
One last point about being home: I can take out all my pent-up motherly affections on Butterscotch, who is now ten, senile, obese, and scar-faced. I'll cry when he dies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home