Sunday, March 06, 2005

Let Me Hide My Face Now

I am such a freaking typical woman driver. I park in such a way as to take up an entire block, so that no one else can park and strangers leave notes on my windshield reminding me to be more courteous (I guess I should be glad it wasn't a death threat). My deepest apologies go to the little mouse I either hit or gave post-traumatic stress disorder to, but you were in my way and I was feeling mildly aggressive because of DMS (the D is for during, I think you all know the rest). I run red lights like there's no tomorrow (actually, I did it just once, but the honks that suddenly erupted at my side will forever remind me of how incredibly inane I must have looked). Not only that, but my car's terrible for fogging up in any kind of weather, so at any given moment I can be seen wiping furiously at my windows with a brightly-colored cloth, although I have yet to master cleaning off the backseat ones while I'm driving...maybe I should never try to master that one. And I've come to the conclusion that I have the whitest, old-ladiest posture, as I tend to lean far forward and grip the steering wheel with both hands, whilst my neck is sticking out forward like a turkey vulture. I'm thinking I should never plan on driving with any potential future hubbies until I'm sure they love me for who I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

Kjersti, you're totally lovable. And the car-parking thing was funny enough to make up for any irritation you might have incurred. And you know, most people (guys as well as girls) are bad drivers. Some just hide it better than others. So relax... life is good.

ps, I love that there's a matrimonial connotation even to your driving. It's fabulous.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

The note said something like "Please back up farther next time so more people can park here...thanks". So it was not too threatening! However, I still had to take out my frustration on Stewart Little. I'm not sure if I actually killed him, or if he's just out there twitching and shrieking at random intervals.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home