Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sick & Twisted

I'm often home alone during mealtimes, and since that's boring, I will usually watch TV. Sadly, that means I have watched Zaboomafoo twice this last week (we only have three channels). Then I realized, that's it. No more rock bottom for me. It's time to upgrade, become less reliant on the booming colourful box, learn to be comfortable with eating in quiet solitude. So this morning, I spent an enlightening hour-long brunch poring over the pages of my medical dictionary, learning all manner of things about diseases like pericarditis, cyclopsia, anencephaly, and Marie Charceau-Tooth Syndrome. And while it certainly stimulates my brain more than the TV does, I'm not entirely sure I should make this a habit either. Ingesting food while my mind ingests this information might have a psychological impact on me that will show up later in life...I'll be the old lady everyone hates because I'll think I have every infirmity on the planet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

You and Hannah Anderson should start a Zaboomafoo fan club. She informed me this summer that she's having a Zaboomafoo birthday party and I'm invited. I don't think she actually turns four until January, but she doesn't have a really firm grasp on time and so she's already excited and planning ahead.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home