Friday, September 16, 2005

Um...where is it?

A few weekends ago, I went camping with my family. On the way, my uncle and I stopped at a golf course, and I did some reading/writing while he puttered around the 18 holes. Then while we were all camping, I went off on my own a couple of times to do devotions in a quiet spot.

That was a long time ago. Since then, I've been unable to locate my journal. And this thing basically contains my soul. It's full of random poems and songs about God (it's actually my "God and me" journal), painfully raw emotions from really hard times, foolishly happy paragraphs written during spiritual highs, questions and confusions and rantings and ravings...and there are no identifying factors whatsoever. If anyone finds it, they won't know it's mine. So if my journal isn't simply missing in my house somewhere, that means it's possibly in the hands of a golf course staff member, or half-buried in mud, or being ripped apart by small rodents. Needless to say, that makes me sad. But it's also kind of funny...if someone has found it and read it, then some random stranger out there knows my soul without ever having met me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

Secrets of Kjersti's soul revealed!!! Previously unfathomable mysteries made known!!! And all for the low, low price of $450 (+ GST, PST, and shipping and handling)!!! Contact Jerry at Sunnyside Golf Course today to get you own, limited edition copy of this literary treasure, written in the author's own hand!!! Don't let this chance pass you by - call today!!!

-"Jerry"

No, seriously, Kjersti, I'm so sad for you! It sucks to lose something that much a part of you. I hope it turns up under your pillow or something. Love ya, hon!

7:17 PM  
Blogger Kjersti said...

Update...my journal was returned! I phoned my uncle and he found it hiding in his car. Yay!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home