Sunday, December 11, 2005

Odds 'n Ends

I'd like to clarify that, although my last blog was a pile of crap, there was some truth to it. I definitely did meet a Ryan (last name changed to protect his privacy) this summer at a family dinner and games night that his mom (my co-worker) invited me to, hoping we'd hit it off and start dating eventually. And it truly was that awkward. Aren't preconceived notions wonderful?
On another note, today was my last regular day at the care home. Even though I'll be back every other weekend, it still felt like I was saying good-bye to ten grandmas I've come to love a lot. I can't even describe how I'll miss seeing them almost every day (in the past 11 months, I haven't gone more than 4 days without being there), and I definitely cried like a baby on my commute home. But tomorrow I'll start working at SAI, and I'll have a whole other set of people to fall in love with.
Oh, and there's been another new development in my professional life. SAI now wants me Monday to Friday, so I'll have to quit my casual position at Cosmo. Now I'll only have two jobs instead of three...kind of a relief!
One last thing to mention that's kind of funny. My house in Frontier had skunks living under it for the longest time this winter, and anyone who came to visit would leave with a nice, not-so-subtle stench on their clothes. It's funny because my mom teaches piano, so she had students coming and going all the time. Our house was stinking up these poor, innocent kids...I can laugh because I'm not living there right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home