Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Vein

Hi. I was just looking through some old school things one day, and I came across a poem I wrote in Grade 12 that I want to share...it's a pretty accurate picture of who I am.

My sister has two eyelids,
as many people do.
But as a child, one had a mild
and tiny vein of blue.

We fought a lot together
when we were six and three.
When she felt snide and justified,
she'd make THAT FACE at me!

Her eyebrows arched up highly,
her eyes half-shut just so.
And then that vein drove me insane
as it appeared to glow.

I usually grabbed her head right then
and tucked it in my arm.
With all my might, I'd squeeze real tight
and she'd cry in alarm.

But one day Grandma caught me
and yanked us two apart.
I had a pout, then figured out
I'd need to be more smart.

My sneakiness kicked in soon
while cleaning toys one day.
I bugged her bad till she got mad
and threw a toy my way.

The tractor hit my forehead.
I nearly danced in glee!
My smile forced down, I made a frown
and shouted, "Mommy, Mommee!"

I screeched about Jannaya
and her awful tractor throw.
But I left out the part about
provoking her to do so.

So then that poor young girlie
cried too hard to speak her mind.
The wooden spoon would meet her soon
by tapping her behind.

So finally I was happy
cause I'd never go insane.
I'd got her good and never would
again see that blue vein.


I love you Jannaya!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Challis said...

Who are you! that's the most hilarious poem ever. I miss you. i hear something? VERY interesting

7:44 PM  
Blogger The World of Haab said...

Lol....too funny... You are the best. I love you and am excited for your latest ventures.....HUGS

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home