Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Reminiscing

This Thanksgiving was hilarious. We dug out some of the books that Courtney, Naya, and I wrote when we were really little. Here are some titles : "The Boy Who Switched Brains with a Fart", "The Toy that went Psycho" (eventually the word changed to 'fcyco'...Courtney was writing the text), "The Farting Horse" (with a horse that eventually morphs into a ball with spikes), "A Vampire Sees a Garden", "Too Much Violence", and "Tucker and Trixie". The last one even comes with a tape, so you can listen as you read the book! Jannaya and I do an incredible version of "Jesus Loves Me" on that one, with some sweet harmony attempts in a man voice (compliments of moi). I mean, even Zac was laughing his head off. Jenne was laughing, but I'm sure she was secretly wondering how she could quietly sneak out of the family before it's too late. And Mom and Dad...well, I'm just glad we have unconditional acceptance in our family.
On top of all that, Mom showed me some love letters Grandpa Salte had written to Grandma while he was in seminary and they were engaged for four years. It was so sweet! Hard to believe those people were my age once...
Well, until my love letters start arriving, I'll be writing a sequel to "The Farting Horse."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home