Monday, October 03, 2005

Times of Comfort

Lately I've been struggling with uncertainty about a lot of things, and then I came across something from a really depressed, discouraged time in my life when I'd been running in frantic circles. I started writing it in class without even thinking, and afterwards when I read it, I sensed God's peace come over me in a strong way. It's simply this:

Give me your hand. You can't see what's ahead.
Give me your hand. I won't force you, but can't you see the tears running down my face?
Give me your hand and I will hold on forever -- nothing will make me let go.
Give me your hand and don't be afraid -- when life happens, I will always be here.
My grip never changes -- neither does my heart.

And I was reminded of another tough time when I came into my room and sensed God telling me to just be. Nothing more. So I spent half an hour curled up on the floor, just feeling all that I was feeling and knowing that God was taking my burdens. I started to tell Him about what was going on in my heart, but He already understood it all, so He told me to be silent and just rest in His presence. I came out of that time refreshed and with a newfound sense of God's unorthodox providence. He is so outside of the box, it's incredible! I would never have thought of wordless praying as a way to communicate with Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

Kjersti, you're a jewel. One in a million. And you're dead on... this brings to mind the verse about the Spirit interceding for us with groans that words can't express. Take care, luv, I'm praying for you right now!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home