Sunday, May 22, 2005

My Mother, My Leash

If it weren't for all the times my mom has told me to never go walking alone at night in the city, I'd probably do it. Common sense says it could be dangerous, but my lust for fresh evening breezes often gets the upper hand. I rememer good ol' small-town days, walking down the middle of main street at 1:00 am, waving to drunken schoolmates as they drove by way too fast...but there was no fear whatsoever. Oh, the ignorant bliss! Oh, the security! And while Camrose, Medicine Hat, and Saskatoon are by far not huge cities, there are way more than 400 townsfolk known by name, dog, and vehicle. So I have to be careful. Or so I am told.
So thanks Mom, even though I hate hearing your voice in my head when I want to go for a walk at night. It may prevent my being damaged or disposed of.
Leash is a very funny word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home