Thursday, May 19, 2005

So cute!

I just love the ladies at work. Oh my goodness are they ever cute! Being 75+, they are naturally hard of hearing and so when they whisper secretively to each other it sounds like a loud, hissing leak in a car tire. On more than one occassion I have heard them walking behind me in the hallway whispering "Boy, she sure is tall!" "Yeah, is she ever!" "I wonder how tall she is?" "Maybe we should ask her." I have also been teased about my spaghetti arms, my inability to peel apples gracefully, and my hair which keeps falling in my face. And there's one lady who, whenever she passes gas on the toilet, her mouth and eyes go all round and she looks at me like a child who just surprised herself with the noises she can make.
Even though I loathe the irregular hours and last-minute shifts and the fact that my left knee is falling apart, I really love what I do! Being with the ladies at work is just like having fun with my friends (only I don't wipe my friends' bums).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home