Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Oh boy...

A dilemma is happening, but the fact that this is a dilemma proves that life is pretty good right now...
I just got a call from Central Haven Care Home that they could use me as a special care aide...which is pretty much what I do at Valhalla right now, but it would pay more (not privately owned), it is also a Christian place, and there is a physio program there, which means that I would be in a perfect place if a PTA position opens up there in the future. Sweet. HOWEVER, my boss just went on a three-week vacation yesterday, and while she's gone there's no one in charge of hiring, so I'm a little concerned what will happen if Central Haven wants me right away. There is absolutely no breathing room at Valhalla as far as shifts go, so if I leave or move to part-time, every single other person on staff is affected. It's quite frustrating, as I've been subject to that a few times myself. And I'm one of only two full-time staffers, which mean the effects would be even bigger. SOOO... I've basically decided that if Central wants me right away, no matter how hard I'll try to negotiate with them, I'm going to turn it down. Coming from an outsider's perspective that is pure foolishness, but trust me, Valhalla's like a family to me now and I couldn't live with myself for putting so much pressure on everyone. But my prayer is that Central will let me give Valhalla a month's notice, cause then my boss can look for another full-timer while I'm preparing to start at Central.
I'm basically just blogging this so I can blow off some steam...and if anyone who reads this will pray for me, that would be super. And also, pray that Valhalla can find a new full-timer.
On a side note, Phantom of the Opera is maybe the best movie of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home