Sunday, July 17, 2005

What Happened to Me?

I went from being a stoic Norwegian Lutheran to an emotional, tearful something. The turning point was, I believe, at CLBI when I learned that it's okay to feel what I feel and to be honest with myself about it. God's unconditional love for me was also made real there...come to think of it, that's maybe what tipped the scales. Ever since then (and especially the more He reveals Himself to me through His word, His guidance, and other people), I get choked up at songs, at sunsets, at circumstances. I probably cried at least twice after work last week. One time, the whole sky was pink and the clouds were golden at 10:00 pm. It was such a testiment to God's creativity and glory. On another day, I started crying because of these simple words in a Drentch song: "Jesus, you're amazing."
But I also cry easier at sad things, like missing Johanna's wedding shower and certain movies (Radio nearly killed me). Before CLBI, Titanic barely made me cry. And that one's downright depressing, regardless of how cheesy it actually is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home