Sunday, October 16, 2005

Drivel About Sweetness

I'm pretty sure there is nothing as good as sitting in a coffee shop by yourself on a windy day. I'm the kind of person who is energized by other people (ones I know well enough to be comfortable with, anyway), but I neeeeeed my alone time quite often. This realization has brought me to the conclusion that, besides just the lack of appropriate timing or situation, I'm more than willing to put off parenthood for a bit longer. But that's not the point. The point is, I was getting my oil changed at Midas, and needed to kill forty minutes on 8th Street. So I popped into Starbuck's and got a tall java chip frappuccino and an espresso brownie. I then sat down by one of the windows, enjoying the Ray Charles/Temptations-esque music playing all around me. And I enjoyed inwardly chuckling at people as they said "Whoa" and almost lost the door to the wind as they were entering or exiting the building. It was like a shampoo ad...people's hair suddenly flying up around their faces, except there was no slo mo or shiny gracefulness. More like the annoyance of their locks getting stuck to their lipstick (I guess you could say they were liplocked).
It's all about the simple pleasures...God is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nance said...

Kjersti, you're so cool the spammers are double-spamming you! Anyway, I loved your blog. It brought instant delight. You convey moments very well. I'm going to call you sometime...

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home